It’s been virtually a month now since I came back from lovely Curaçao. This was my second time visiting Curaçao and I fell even more in love with the island this time. Next to the gems I already discovered the first time I went, I discovered much more lovely locations this time, so I assumed I’d make a journey information for you including all my ideas. Also don’t overlook to observe my Curaçao travel vlog!
T O S T A Y
– Jan Thiel area: This is in all probability the preferred area to stay and the place ‘where it all happens’. In this space you’ll find seashore golf equipment, nice eating places and delightful resorts. Most resorts are within strolling distance of all of these amenities. The primary time we went along with my aunt and uncle whom hired a shocking trendy sea view appartement on the Boca Gentil resort. This time my boyfriend and I went alone and we employed an appartement on the lovely and nicely maintained Morena Resort for the first a part of our stay. The resort is perfectly sized: not too massive and not too small. It has two lovely swimming pools, a nice restaurant and has a lot of vegetation. The appartement was absolutely outfitted, new and clear. But one of the best factor about our appartement was undoubtedly the large porch where we actually enjoyed having breakfast and dinner, once we decided not to exit to eat. We didn’t guide breakfast on the resort by the best way, but went to the Albert Heijn grocery store which is simply a five minutes stroll away. It is quite an costly grocery store although, but very handy.
– Westpunt space: Probably the most lovely beaches of Curaçao might be found in Westpunt area. Lagun is probably the preferred one, which is where our second accommodation ‘Lagun Blou Resort‘ was situated. The resort is build on one of the two cliffs surrounding the Lagun bay. The view was absolutely STUNNING! You can spot turtles swimming in the bay and some people even saw dolphins from a distance. The cliffs are also the home of many iguanas. Despite their scary dragon-like appearance, these animals are absolutely harmless and 100% vegetarian. If you want to you can even feed them your left-over pieces of fruit or bread and make them walk over you (check my vlog to see them walking over me). Don’t be afraid, they gained’t do that in case you have no intention to feeding them. The resort has a pool, which is okay, but in addition a jacuzzi located on the edge of the cliff. Watching the sunset from the jacuzzi is magical! The resort has about twenty two-level homes. The home we stayed in had a kitchen, small porch and a toilet on the first flooring. The second flooring had a bedroom, a second rest room and an enormous balcony with a shocking view. Though the home was absolutely outfitted, it was somewhat bit outdated. The owner advised us that they have been busy renovating your complete place though, so it could be completely totally different once we would determine to return back next yr. It also doesn’t have a restaurant proper now, but the proprietor also informed us that it’ll have a 4 star restaurant sooner or later. For now the Bahia restaurant on the cliff on the opposite aspect of the bay was great when you needed to go out to eat with out taking the automotive. An obstacle of Westpunt space is that should drive fairly a while for things like an honest supermarket or seashore clubs. Westpunt is residence to probably the most lovely seashores, however it doesn’t supply a lot other entertainment. That’s why we determined to remain at Jan Thiel first and spend our final days at Westpunt.
- 1 “Jan Thiel is ‘where it all happens’, but the best beaches can be found in Westpunt.”
- 2 “Next time I’d definitely use Easy Terra to find us a reliable car for the best price!”
- 3 “Definitely try the super soft spare ribs at Brakkeput Mei Mei.”
- 4 “Watching sea turtles gracefully floating through the water is such a magical thing to see!”
“Jan Thiel is ‘where it all happens’, but the best beaches can be found in Westpunt.”
T O M O V E
Most individuals go to Curaçao by aircraft, which obviously is what we did. We decided to fly with KLM, since we’re all the time very glad about their service. To maneuver round Curaçao I can really advocate you to get a automotive. I have no experience with public transport, but I wouldn’t need to depend upon that. And since Curaçao is all about seashore hopping you don’t need to spend your whole trip at the resort. We determined to hire an affordable run-down jeep, since we thought it was humorous. I need to admit though that I regretted I typically wished we had gone for a ‘normal’ automotive. The fact that it was open gave me quite an unsafe feeling once we have been waiting for the visitors lights at nights and I’ve been tremendous scared for our suitcases to bounce out of the automotive. Plus the prospect to get automotive troubles was quite reasonable, which obviously isn’t something you’d need to happen whenever you’re on trip.
Subsequent to that the security usually was quite concerning. The seat belts have been extremely unfastened and there have been no airbags. Don’t perceive me improper: it was a fun automotive and it was nice for footage, however a reliable automotive undoubtedly has its benefits as properly. Plus the automotive rental company wasn’t located at the airport they usually have been closed on Sundays. We flew again on a Sunday and subsequently needed to throw the keys within the mailbox and await our taxi which arrive method later (an hour!) than agreed upon. One more reason to lease from a much bigger firm. Next time I’d undoubtedly use Straightforward Terra, an internet site that compares rental corporations in Curaçao which saves you money and time!
“Next time I’d definitely use Easy Terra to find us a reliable car for the best price!”
T O E A T
– Brakkeput Mei Mei: My absolute favorite place to eat at Curaçao is ‘Brakkeput Mei Mei’, situated in a historic nation home adorned with cosy lights. The menu is Spanish oriented they usually’re specialised in grilling. Undoubtedly attempt their spare ribs! They’re so tender, that they only fall from the bones. This restaurant is situated at Jan Thiel area.
– Landhuis Klein Santa Martha: One other good restaurant situated in a historic country house is ‘Landhuis Klein Santa Martha’, which is a superb choice in case you’re staying at Westpunt area. The meals is great, however the view overlooking the Santa Martha bay is perhaps much more unimaginable. I learn that it’s additionally nice to go right here for lunch and use the pool behind the building as nicely, but I haven’t seen the pool myself.
– Tinto: Vincent says that he acquired one of the best food of our journey at Tinto, specialised in Argentinian grilled dishes. I really appreciated it as nicely, however I really favored Brakkeput as properly. Tinto is located on the Jan Thiel Bay. The restaurant is definitely build on the water, which provides it a very nice ambiance.
– Koraal: This restaurant is located on the Coral Estate resort and is likely one of the most lovely places to observe sunset. Vincent and I went there to have lunch first and benefit from the infinity pool, which has a beautiful sea view. We watched the sunset while laying within the pool, become regular clothes after which loved dinner at Koraal. The food was good, however the primary purpose I’d recommend to go here is certainly the view.
– Perla del Mar: In case you’re in Willemstad and on the lookout for a place to eat, undoubtedly attempt Perla del Mar. The meals is great, however this restaurant is all about location as nicely. It’s situated proper subsequent to the sea the place the water smashes fairly exhausting towards the rocks breaking the waves. It’s a reasonably cool thing to see!
“Definitely try the super soft spare ribs at Brakkeput Mei Mei.”
T O D O
– Snorkeling: You possibly can’t depart Curaçao without having seen the underwater life, because it’s completely lovely. The various bays are house to lovely coloured fishes and even sea turtles. Watching sea turtles gracefully floating by means of the water is such a magical factor to see! And when you’re really actually reeeaaally lucky you may even sea a whale shark, since I noticed a photograph on Fb last week of a whale shark which was seen at Playa Kalki! Don’t worry they’re innocent and different sharks are never seen across the coasts of Curaçao. In fact you can even dive to experience underwater life, which I’ve by no means finished. I just don’t assume I’d really feel snug carrying round all that weight with me and going so deep. Snorkeling is magical enough for me!
– Seashore hopping: As I discussed before it will be an unimaginable waste to stay at your resort, since Curaçao has so many lovely seashores to take pleasure in! My favorites are Cas Abao, Playa Porto Marie (they’ve pigs strolling round on the seashore here), Blue Bay, Kokomo Seashore (they’ve acquired a very instagrammable water swing), Grote Knip (a public seashore), Lagun and Playa Grandi. Lagun is nicely kown for the high probabilities of recognizing sea turtles, but when you actually need to spot plenty of sea turtles all together you need to really go to Playa Grandi. Playa Grandi is the place fishers clear their fishes and throw the remains back in to the sea, which attracts many sea turtles. The fishermen sometimes do this between 12 and 3 in the afternoon, so these are the most effective occasions to go. The ocean turtles come actually shut and really don’t care about all the individuals there. You may so to talk contact them, which in fact you shouldn’t truly do but I’m simply saying this to point how close they arrive. Once I was there I spotted eight! Undoubtedly verify my vlog for nice underwater sea turtle footage at Playa Grandi.
– Catamaran boat to Klein Curaçao: Throughout our first trip in Curaçao we took a catamaran boat to the island Klein Curaçao, which was so much enjoyable! The primary part of the trip to Klein Curaçao was quite bumpy, but once we arrived the celebration really started. First we went snorkeling with sea turtles and delightful fishes in the crystal clear waters and once we received again on the boat they fired up the barbecue for a yummy lunch. It was all inclusive which means you can drink and eat as a lot as you needed. The journey back was very peaceable. We grasp in the nets enjoying a bit too many glasses of wine and simply had a lot enjoyable along with the other visitors.
– Shete Boka National Park: Additionally make sure that to visit the Shete Boka Nationwide Park to witness the unimaginable Boka Pistol where the waves hit the cliffs so arduous it creates a water explosion. Another enjoyable factor to see is the seashore where there are many hermit crabs. The second time we went we hardly saw any though, while the yr before the place was crowded with them. Perhaps it has to do with the time of the yr. The first time we went in September and the second time in January.
– Willemstad: The capital of Curaçao is best-known for it’s picture good World Heritage ‘Handelskade’ of lovely colored Dutch service provider houses and the Queen Emma pontoon bridge. The bridge connects the Punda and Otrabanda part of the town and opens frequently for ships. It’s the only floating picket swing bridge on the planet. Subsequent to that it’s additionally fun to check out the gorgeous coloured houses of the Pietermaai district and the floating market. Willemstad is pretty small, so you only want a number of hours to spend in Willemstad.
“Watching sea turtles gracefully floating through the water is such a magical thing to see!”
Thus far my Curaçao Travel Guide. I really hope the following pointers are useful to you! Have you ever been to Curaçao or are you planning to after studying this text?